Monday, April 22, 2013

The Secret to Contouring Unlocked...Partially

RuPaul's Drag Race, Braxton Family Values, and all of the Kardashian shows all have something in common. Watching these ladies on show off their fierce faces for season after season has inspired me to take my makeup game to a new level...contouring.


Image Courtesy of RuPaul's Drag Race on Facebook

Courtesy of Essence.com


Contouring can create a different version of your face by adding highlights and definition to create a more dramatic look or at it's best transform a man into a woman. I love experimenting with makeup and colors and brushes, but my makeup application has been limited to my eyes and lips. I also have very very sensitive that also suffers from eczema from time to time, so I don't experiment with different brands. I have been a loyal consumer of MAC products for about ten years and occasionally add products by Nars, Bobbi Brown and Trish McEvoy.


Image and Tutorial Courtesy of Refinery29

I took the plunge and watched a video tutorial all the way through and actually applied some of the tips.  Somehow I watched this video from Refinery29 and ended up with a completely different process, but it works for me. Ever time I take the extra step of adding blush and bronzer, I manage to get compliments from everyone; co-workers, friends, even strangers.



Good luck with contouring and highlighting! Don't forget to comment or add a link to your photos; I'd love to see your work!



No comments:

Post a Comment