Saturday, March 3, 2012

Philly Works at Frankford Hall








The last couple of days have been super busy.  I’m struggling to manage my time, especially in the mornings.  After working on Thursday, I attended a Philly Works at Frankford Hall. 




Philly Works is a collective of artists that meets on a regular basis to collaborate and create together.  This was my very first meeting, and I was able to connect with the organizers and find out about the upcoming exhibit. They’re having an Open Call for collaborative art projects that focus on the "Qualities of Life".

I arrived 30minutes early, and met the organizers and a married couple of artists. I was starving, but I didn’t want to be rude, so I waited 15minutes or so before ordering. I ordered a glass of Malbec and the “Ultimate Poutine” burger with fontina cheese, gravy and fries. I’m not going to lie, I was a little upset that my wine was served in a tumbler and the beer was served in these gorgeous fluted glasses and glass steins. Eventually my food arrived, and I wasn’t disappointed!


By this time it’s about 6:45pm, other artists began to arrive. I met a couple of great artists and architects from Philly, but I was still waiting for some direction from the organizers.  Long story short, the meeting never got started. A short questionnaire was passed out asking about the progress of our collaborative projects. I think I missed the part where we were supposed to bring in a homework assignment…and I have a really hard time coming up with ideas on the spot, so I just felt lost and unprepared. I did meet a couple of great artists, and the idea of collaborating on a group project still sounds interesting. Let’s see what happens at the meeting next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment