Sunday, November 18, 2012

Releases and Openings and Launches. Oh MY!

November 13 First stop was Philadelphia Eyeglass Lab for an eye exam and new glasses. I decided that since I needed new sunglasses, I should make that a priority. After searching around I found the perfect frames and decided on a tint. Now I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping that they turn out well...


I headed across Broad Street to The Philadelphia Art Alliance. While waiting for the Motherless: A Legacy of Loss From Illegal Abortion Film Screening to begin, I checked out the current exhibition. Emily Cobbs' Emily Cobbs' Legends: Studio Jewelry is a delight look into Cobbs' imagination. Her pieces and the stories that accompany them are colorful and fantastical. The film itself was very interesting. It showed a different perspective on abortion, and does not preach and allows you to draw your own conclusions. The ACLU and several other organizations have made this 29minute film available online and are trying to promote viewings nationwide.





November 14:  I joined a local Meet-Up group this summer, and have just started attending events. The event this week was an informational workshop about "Business for Bloggers" featuring Jamila Payne of Stylish Life.This event sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun and educational. Leave a comment or contact me if you want more details!

November 15 Launch of Maison Martin Margiela at H&M. Unfortunately I had to work all day, so I was not able to visit the store until 4:45PM. I was so anxious on my way down Walnut Street. I saw women walking down the streets with Margiela bags, and I had hope that there were still items left. I walked inside and almost passed out! There were so many items left and in my sizes too!!! I bought a pair of trousers and the "hair lock" necklace and after chatting with the cashier decided that I should try to return on Friday because more items were expected.


The release of Beaujolais Nouveau wine world-wide. I enjoyed my glass at Tria! Then I headed to the Fabulous at Any Age event hosted by CJ Tours at Piazza Sempione KOP


November 16 Obviously my first stop was H&M to see if there were any new arrivals. I picked up the Circle Shirt and the Enlarged Watch Frame Bracelet.

Next I headed off to the i-g Creative Open House on The Walk in Northern Liberties. I love this company and this party had such a great vibe!



No comments:

Post a Comment