Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fashion, Art and Spring



Tuesday 4/17: Spring Awakening Opening Reception at the Philadelphia Board of Ethics. I love art in public spaces.


 "Spring Nesting" by Mary Kane and Lorraine Glessner "Church Drawing No. 6"
 



 
 Dance UP 5th Birthday Party at Philadelphia's Society of Colonial Dames. A beautiful space, great food and lots of fun to celebrate Dance USA Philadelphia's 5 year anniversary.

N. B. The National Conference will be held in Philly in 2013:)


















Wednesday 4/18: Happy Hour Rogues Gallery Bar Reunion Event


Thursday 4/19: AKA the day I walked for hours around the city...
First I checked out the Phila MoCA space for an upcoming event.
















Then I headed off to the Guinness tasting at the Trust building.

It was so much fun! I tried my first Guinness, learned some interesting facts and tasted the Guinness Foreign Extra and Guiness Black Lager.Black Lager has a crisp refreshing finish and Foreign Extra packs a punch.

Did you know... a pint of Guinness only has 125 calories?
Did you know...it takes 119.5seconds for the perfect pour?
Did you know....Arthur Guiness was so confident that he signed a 9,000 year lease for his factory building in Dublin?


Next I had dinner at Pub and Kitchen where I had my very first fried pickle....Yum!!!

Then it was off to Hylo Boutique for their event featuring the works of Nic*Fish , Danny Fox, Concrete Polish and Bus Stop Boutique. I met a couple of cool style bloggers, designers and artists and tried a great RHUBY Cocktail by Art in The Age.




































Saturday 4/21: I designed and created 100 Masks for a client's masquerade party at Smokin' Betty's. 
























 


Philadelphia Science Festival presents Design Lab: The Fusion of Science and Style at the Academy of Natural Science: Students created garments from items that would otherwise have been discarded, like last year's banner and cardboard, and were inspired by bacteria and the muscular system among others.



No comments:

Post a Comment