Saturday, June 15, 2013

Make-over, Make-under, Make-up Everywhere!

Of course my beauty product obsession/fantasy of being a makeup artist continued even though I was on vacation. First stop, the Nars Flagship Store on Melrose Avenue

Sidebar: NARS is also around the corner from the Equipment store. You know I almost passed out walking inside...it probably would have been more magical if it had looked more like the Alexis Bittar stores with fantastical creatures and what not inside.


Back at NARS, the salesgirls and I experimented with a gothic purple lip (too Rihanna), a bright pink lip (too chalky) until I made it back to my safety-red. I really do try to rock other colors, but it's something about red, from fire-engine to tomato, it always looks right!

Image Courtesy of LATimes



 Next I headed to "The Original Farmer's Market" at "The Grove" and of course Nordstrom's was having a crazy mascara sale, buy two get one free. I am devoted to my Maybelline and I had just restocked, so I had to pass...maybe another time. I did head to the MAC counter to grab a sample of their new Mineralize foundation. Apparently it is supposed to have some magical powers...  
"A combination of powders creates an optical blurring effect that virtually diminishes imperfections and fine lines, for a more even tone. The light-reflecting, natural satin finish makes skin appear refined, revitalized and refreshed with a new purity, softly lit from within. SPF 15 adds the perfect finishing touch of sun protection. Features our 77-Mineral Complex, Shea Butter and Vitamin E."


Who knew there were so many types of mascara brushes?


Next it was off to Glendale to visit the L'Occitane and Sephora stores for my new favorite lotions, and for samples of the NARS Illuminators (see photo above). I am still trying to figure how to apply them and what they actually do....


Finally Nigel's Beauty Emporium in "The Valley". I thought I died when I walked into this store.
Image Courtesy of Nigel's Beauty Emporium










My new obsession is faux eyelashes. They are so much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment