Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Business of Thanksgiving

So I've been wondering what to blog about this week since it was a holiday, and I didn't do any networking or go to any events, and then it hit me. This was a pretty important week business-wise. Thanksgiving Eve I met up with the executives at i-g Creative and we did a lot of brainstorming about the life/future of my leather handbags, as well as come up with some ideas for marketing. To be honest with you, I hadn't really thought about the leather bags as existing beyond a small project, because I'm still holding on to my ultimate goal of the concept store. I was given some homework assignments for over the holiday weekend, and I really did put a lot of thought into it, especially since part of the assignment was related to my major activity during the weekend. Well my second major activity, obviously the first one was eating...

Saturday was "Small Business Saturday" and another craft/gift fair. This was my second event, and it was another learning experience. I was able to network with other, more experienced, vendors and observe the way customers responded to displays and set up and color at my table and at others. I have come to realize that there is no secret formula, however my system does need some more perfecting. Small Business Administration has some great tips and I have been thinking of ways to apply them for my next few events.
My next event is Thursday 11/29, and I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment