Thursday, May 24, 2012

Food and First Friday.


Monday April 30: After work I headed over to Pizzeria Stella for a Google Philly event. I was pleasantly surprised by the food and got to hang out with some great people, including the always captivating Zatina G of Creative Corners.
Tuesday May 1: Tonight I checked out the relatively new restaurant Square Peg. I've heard a lot of buzz about this place, but it's always best to check it out for yourself. I love love love their bread pudding! Afterwards I headed up to Chew Avenue to visit Serena at the newly launched Passion Art Design LLC. She and her partner are talented artists, she paints and sews and does everything and he is an amazing visual artist who specializes in working with his fingers using charcoals and pastels.

Wednesday May 2: City Hall Presents...Rennie Harris Movement. I had never seen this group before, and they gave an interactive overview  of the history of hip hop dance. Here is a brief selection:



Next I rushed over to the PAA for the lecture by Harshita of Harshita Designs. She makes beautiul printed silk pieces, using a variety of dyeing techniques. It is mind-blowing to discover what work and skill goes into her work.



Afterwards I headed downstairs to the week-old Rittenhouse Tavern. Check out my review on Google Places here.

Friday May 4th: First Friday
My night started at the Locks Gallery space for the Jennifer Bartlett exhibition.

Drink Philly hosts an open-house every month. This month there were mostly photographers featured, including Jessica Berli.
I then stopped by the gallery on the corner of 3rd and Church St. to experience the work of nnamed  Judy Breslin. Next it was The Clay Studio Tyler Lotz, Shannon M.Sullivan "Swarm Study #3" and HS student Sean Mullin "Fish Out Of Water"




















Shannon M.Sullivan "Swarm Study #3"

Shannon M.Sullivan "Swarm Study #3" (side view)


Sean Mullin "Fish Out Of Water"































 
















I briefly popped into the new home of AIGA but it was way too crowded to enjoy their collection of printed wall hangings and posters. Then on my way back to Market Street, I saw the Ernestine Ruben at the Dalet Art  gallery. Her work is really beautiful and thought provoking. I ended the night at Continental with some exquisite Korean pork tacos!


Cinco de Mayo: Work was really exhausting, so I couldn't make it to any of the great festivities but I did stop in at El Rey for some yummy tacos, and a live mariachi band. Then my last Stop was the Fourth Street Deli where I picked up this GIANT ECLAIR!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment