Sunday, May 6, 2012

April Showers...bring Fashion Flowers!


Tuesday 4/24: After work, I headed off to have dinner at The Belgian Cafe, and then attended the "Blogging about Philly's Creative Spaces" Panel at Phila MoCA. It was a part of PhillyTechWeek. I met one of my Twitter friends for the first time and it wasn't as weird or stalkerish as I thought it would be! She's the one in the striped shirt.




















Thursday 4/26: College Alumni Happy Hour at Smokin Betty's
With a picture of a burger like this on their website, I certainly had to go to this event! The cheesesteak eggroll was delish as was the BBQ chicken pizza...unfortunately I didn't have room to try this...next time!














Friday 4/27:  Martha Graham Cracker at PMA. She always puts on a great show, and tonight was no exception! Afterwards I headed out to the GooglePhilly cocktail event at the Sofitel Hotel downtown.



Saturday 4/28: The family and I went to the DST Prayer Breakfast. I rocked a new hairstyle....What do you think?






















Then I headed down to  Fabric Row to distributing flyers for my Fashion Show in October. I'm still looking for a couple additional designers to add to the line up!

I'm a volunteer with WOAR. After Fabric Row, I heaeded to Independence Mall for the "Take It All Back" Walk. Listening to victim/survivors speak and hearing Mayor Nutter's words of encouragement, made me proud to be a part of such an important resource in Philly.




















Old Navy Extravaganza: I went to the Old Navy in "The Gallery" for the first time in years, and I was stunned by the clearance prices! A pair of shorts, a turtleneck and two sweaters cost me a grand total of $7.24. Insane!

















The Dandelion Pub A pot of afternoon tea PLUS tenderloin with steak butter chock full of onions and garlic, triple fried fries/chips and watercress salad with garlicky vinaigrette. Yum!Check out my review on Google Places here. I still had some time before the fashion show, so I headed to Rouge for chocolate chip bread pudding and a glass of Syrah.

The Philadelphia University of the Arts Fashion Show at the Kimmel Center was a great show. Let's hope I can get some of these designers to join my fashion show line up!

                                                       Caitlin Quirk "Best in Show"

No comments:

Post a Comment