Sunday, April 8, 2012

Back on My Grind: Last Two Weeks in Review


Monday 3/27 I've been so busy that I treated myself to the J*Davey Concert at World Cafe Live!!!
Jack is always a great performer and her vocals are sickening. I will never forget the first time I heard Mr. Mister...
















Tuesday 3/28 It was back to business as usual. I attended a "Women Entrepreneurs' Networking and Mentorship Session" presented by The Empowerment Group In addition to learning about the program, we did a networking intro exercise to see if our introduction/pitch was effective. I met an group of women with varied business interests and was even able to share some Etsy tips with one woman.

Wednesday 3/29 For both personal and professional reasons, I am trying to get re-connected with my Alma maters through alumnae groups and activities. I attended a meeting after work and then found myself coerced into join the planning committee! C'est la vie!

Thursday 3/30 About a week ago, I was invited to attend the Women Cultivating Women reception by a woman whom I had met at another networking event. It was an enlightening and empowering affair focused on relieving stress and effectively juggling responsibilities.

Friday 3/30 First Round of costume fittings for the dance performance on 4/7....still have work to do....



Saturday3/31 Fiber Philadelphia Closing Reception. The exhibit is open until April 12th.






Sunday 4/1 Another fitting....still more work to do....treat myself to dinner at my fave restaurant Bistrot La Minette.

So this is where things get tight, despite all of these fittings, I still have tons of work to do, and I've already made all of these commitments assuming that I would be finished, so I subsisted on Starbucks Frappucino and 3-5hour power naps. It was a miserable miserable week, but I made some good contacts at the Tuesday 4/3 Networking after Work at Prime Lounge, and then the next night after a semi-dress rehearsal, I attended an alumnae event at PAFA .


Finally on Thursday 4/5 I was finished! YaY!!!! However instead of sleeping, I attended the opening of "F" by Steven and BNilly Dufala at Fleisher/Ollman
 




Then I raced over to the Jessie Hemmons yarnbombing lecture at the Philadelphia Art Alliance. They're hosting a free lecture series entitled "Craft and Culture" and featuring different artists over the next few months.
Ishknits Opening at City Hall 2012
My body was telling me that it was very unhappy so I grabbed some tuna tartare at Devon Seafood and then headed to the g lounge for the RAW ART event featuring Christine Trott and Milicia. It was a great collection of different artists, but I was way too tired to stay, so I said hello to a few people I knew, networked with one woman and then headed home to bed....only to wake up at 6AM the next morning.

Friday 4/6 After work, I attended the Cheyenne Agency Fashion Show, where I won this beautiful bouquet of flowers created by Natasha Maes. The second thing I've ever won in my life, the first was the ticket to the movie premiere last month. Afterwards I treated myself to a King's Oak Burger !

















Saturday 4/7 This journey started off hectic. I had a headache, and ended up having to sprint to catch the 5:00PM bus to NYC which fortunately did not leave until after I arrived at 5:07PM. Then once we got to New York, I got off on W. Broadway instead of E. Broadway, so after wandering for about 5minutes called several New York friends and was advised to just take a cab. I finally got to the Abrons Art Center at 7:30PM, to press/steam and do some last minute repairs to the costumes before the show started at 8PM. Of course no one knew where the steamer was and the iron just teleported out of there. Steamers take a while to heat up/boil, so I had to send the ladies out with semi-wrinkled garments. (They got wrinkled during the tech rehearsal an hour earlier.) Regardless,  A Fork and Stick Thing had good energy, whimsy and the costumes looked fantastic! I celebrated at the Sugar Cafe and then played musical trains to get from the Lower East side to Harlem because the F train was on a limited schedule due to construction. We were literally on 5 different trains, and traveling for about two hours, but it was still fun!

This past month or so has really inspired me, so I have a big announcement coming soon! I promise this week I will post on time:)
-JRochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment