Monday, April 16, 2012

Setting the Mood: Music and Art


Sunday 4/8 After my show in New York, I headed back to Philly for the Harajuku Fashion Show at  Horticulture Center for Sakura Sunday of the Cherry Blossom Festival, but I was a week too early.  I did managed to spend the next hour wandering through Fairmount Park, and I got some great photos! I've been really inspired by "F" by Steven and Billy Dufala. Obviously they aren't the first artists to make art out of discarded objects, but their work has this underlying sense of humor that is refreshing.




My Bio in Print!!! at Abrons in NYC

Monday 4/9 Private viewing at PAFA for Henry Ossawa Tanner. My absolutely favorite painting is Boy and Sheep Lying under a Tree . I love how his work really captures the contrast between light and dark. His paintings are so crisp that they look like photos!
 
Wednesday 4/11 On my walk to work, I saw the oddest thing. Within two blocks of each other were two abandoned shoes...


It must have been a sign, because later that day my poor little phone died.

                                                    R.I.P. Celly

Even though I was pre-occupied with trying to revive "Celly", I still managed to enjoy "City Hall Presents: Jazz Bridge " Philly has such a thriving jazz scene, and it's nice to know that organization like Jazz Bridge exist to support musicians and performers.


Thursday 4/12 Daffy's Alexander McQueen
PhillyCHI Design Slam































Friday 4/13
The Data Garden at PMA was super cool! I walked into the Megawords Space/Zoe Strauss' Office and heard this awesome music and one of the organizers had me and the other visitors hold onto the plants and each other. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I felt tingling and saw the data of the bio-rhythms on the iPad. It was a pretty cool experience and I can't wait to see them again at Bartram Gardens in the fall!

Later, I headed to the Pageant Gallery for Nick Lenker's The Last Days of  The Apocalypse of Now  He transformed the gallery to look like a teen's basement hang out, and then he lived in the space for 3 days straight.

















Sunday 4/15 The Fiber Philadelphia show has finally ended. After the de-installation, I picked up my "Ocelot Scarf". It was a bittersweet moment. Everyone was so supportive both by showing up and in words of encouragement:)

No comments:

Post a Comment